Our mission is to restore returning citizens to the community through Christ's teaching, love and compassion. We provide supportive services that assist individuals returning from incarceration and those affected by their actions, decisions, and plans, to overcome barriers, address needs, and become productive in their community.
The Criminal Justice Chaplaincy (CJC) was founded in 1980 by churches in the West Michigan area.
CJC offers the following programs to accomplish our mission.
- Case Management—goal planning meetings with connection to resources
- Take Charge group - women's life skills and peer support group
- Horticultural Therapy Program—women using gardening to promote hope and healing
- Mentors—trained volunteers provide friendship & support to overcome obstacles
- Reentry Lunch—providing a safe and welcoming place for food and fellowship
- Support Services—such as clothing, bus passes, work boots & tools, & bikes
- Church Support—individualized planning, support and training