DIRECTOR OF FUND DEVELOPMENT/ FUNDRAISING
Designed Future is 501(c)(3) organization that empowers others to create an altogether new life experience despite dire circumstances. Designed Future serves every human being in need of a radical shift in circumstances. Our clients create lasting change that permanently breaks the cycle of dependence, pain, and suffering that can travel from generation to generation. We enable our clients to become productive and contributing participants in their families and in society. We define our success by the number of lives changed.
WHAT WE DO
We open the doors of possibility and opportunity for everyone, particularly those in greatest need. We create a viable pathway to self-sufficiency and a transformative new life experience for those who are often powerless and undeserved.
Designed Future offers a comprehensive solution for a wide range of debilitating life circumstances, marrying research-validated behavior interventions and strategies-from psychology, neuro-science, spirituality, and quantum mechanics to personalized coaching. Our program offerings foster personal growth through mental, emotional, and spiritual management.
You name it, we handle it: financial breakdowns, extended periods of unemployment, addiction, recovery, domestic abuse, parenting, relationships, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, employee disengagement, and overall dissatisfaction in life. Individuals begin to take charge of their lives and create new behaviors that produce positive and lasting results.
The qualifications that make you an ideal candidate for the position:
- Proficient in fund raising idea generation and implementing those ideas.
- A commitment to and understanding of Designed Future’s beneficiaries.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Designed Future’s beneficiaries
The Director of Fund Development /Fundraising plays an integral role to the life and financial well-being of our organization. Is responsible for building a culture of enthusiasm for fund development and fund raising. Partners with the Executive Director for fund development planning. Assists in executing the fund raising plan. Oversees and manages the members of the Fund Raising Committee. Assures that all donors of time and money are respected and honored.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with the Executive Director for fund development planning: establishes the charitable contribution goals for the annual budget; devises the annual fund development plan for action by the Board; and recommends results and benchmarks for action by the Board.
- Works with the Executive Director to create a realistic strategy for generating funding and monitors progress of the plan, which might include fundraised (contributed) dollars, fees for services, foundation grants, government funding, the sale of products and services, etc.
- Plays a strong role in identifying, cultivating, and creating a strategy for approaching major donors: individuals, corporations, government, and charitable foundations.
- Works with the Executive Director to identify specific, potential sources of funds from a diverse mix of sources and develops an action plan identifying which Board members will approach specific sources, and engages staff members to support those Board members.
- Approves revenue generating and fundraising strategies to support existing program operations and regional expansion; monitors strategies for effectiveness.
- Oversees and manages the organization’s fundraising committee; establishes task forces to carry out specific fund development activities; monitors task force performance.
- Ensures committee members are knowledgeable about the organization and its projects, so they can effectively articulate to prospective donors why money should be given to Designed Future rather than another worthy organization.
- Holds Committee members accountable for implementing the strategies of the fund development plan within stated timeframes; measure progress toward goals on a monthly basis; troubleshoots with staff as necessary.